SJC is the Gateway to Silicon Valley and Northern California
SJC connects Silicon Valley’s multi-cultural community with business and personal connections around the globe. Learn here about the opportunities, connections and value that SJC offers its users. Please contact Mark Kiehl at 408-392-3624 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San José International Airport serves a catchment population close to 4 million and thousands of Silicon Valley companies with global operations. San José is the gateway to Silicon Valley and California’s leading tourist destinations, including Monterey, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Yosemite National Park, and wine country.
San José is Northern California’s Population and Economic Center
San José has experienced the greatest change of any large U.S. city during the past 50 years – rapid population growth and an economic transformation from agriculture to high technology. Today, San José is the largest city in Northern California and Silicon Valley’s urban center (view map).
San José is a Strong International Travel Destination
San José ranked 20th in the U.S. in the number of overseas visitors in 2010, despite not having Asia and Europe air service, San José ranked higher in international visitors – particularly business travelers - than several U.S. cities having nonstop flights to Asia and Europe.
San José is Leading California
San José Silicon Valley’s technology sector led the nation in job growth in 2011 and accounts for one-third of venture capital investments in the U.S. The San José area is eighth largest U.S. exporter generating $21 billion exports in 2009. Exports are shipped by air, resulting in significant cargo opportunities. The top 44 San José area companies had combined sales of over $52 billion in 2011 and market capitalization of over $1.4 trillion.
The New San José International Airport (Fact Sheet)
- Rebuilt and renovated Airport opened in June 2010
- Technology of Silicon Valley delivers enhanced efficiencies for airlines, tenants and the Airport
- Passenger amenities include free Wi-Fi, comfortable seating with built-in power outlets, and innovative public art
- Two recently built parallel 11,000-foot commercial runways
- Car rental center across from Terminal B and short one-minute bus ride from International terminal
- The nation’s most advanced airport baggage handling and security system
- Common use technology for gates and ticket counters results in low costs for airlines
- Ranked among the top U.S. airports for on-time performance and only five-days of weather delays per year
Air Service Support Program
Mineta San Jose International Airport is committed to successful partnerships with its airlines that increase the availability of flights at SJC benefitting Silicon Valley residents and businesses.
The current support program is designed for flexibility to encourage incremental airline route decisions, and it provides benefits for carriers that add new unserved short-haul domestic destinations or any new or added long haul domestic or international destinations.
This program offers the following (Download PDF):